Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that uses lasers to create a new, smooth skin appearance. The laser “ablates”, or destroys, the outer layers of skin which have been damaged by age, sun, acne, wrinkles, or pigmentation problems or spots. The destruction of the older layers of skin prompts the body to generate a new layer of skin cells which are unaffected by the previous skin condition. Some lasers may be inappropriate for darker skin complexions.
Reasons for Considering Laser Skin Resurfacing:
- Reduce or remove facial wrinkles, creases, and lines.
- Improve sun-damaged skin.
- Correct pigmentation problems and spots.
- Effectively treat scars from acne, birthmarks, moles, and tattoos.
- Tighten skin that has lost elasticity due to aging.